Quarry Laborer Alexander City at MidSouth Paving, Inc.
Posted in Construction 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Alexander City, Alabama
City: Alexander City
Postal/Zip Code: 35010
Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of Oldcastle Materials Southeast Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern U.S., with operations in Alabama, southern Tennessee, Georgia and the Florida Panhandle. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project. Midsouth Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
Must have prior experience in a Quarry environment and a valid Driver's License.
Will perform a wide range of general laboring duties at a quarry. Including but not limited to: shoveling, raking, moving materials, cleaning and maintaining quarry while adhering to all safety regulations.
- High School education/GED, or equivalent education and experienceand a valid Driver's License.
- Must be able to repetively lift up to 60 pounds, walk, stoop, squat, sit, kneel and be capable of passing required physical examination
- Knowledge of basic tools and their uses, basic mathematical and measurement skills (adding, subtracting, division, & multiplication)
- One year of verifiable work experience related to Quarry work
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and related experience.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Divisions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.