Consultant - Valuation Services at Berkeley Research Group
Posted in Consultant 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: New York, New YorkJob Description:
Berkeley Research Group
Job ID 2017-1681
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US - NY - New York
Posted Date 4/10/2017
Category Consulting Staff
BRG Corporate Finance (http://www.thinkbrg.com/expertise-corporate-finance.html), a business unit within Berkeley Research Group (BRG), provides multidisciplinary services and solutions to investors, lenders, companies, and attorneys through our core practice areas:
- Valuation Services
- Private Funds Services
- NASD Broker Dealer
- Restructuring and Transaction Advisory Services
- Litigation, Forensics, and Dispute Resolution Services
- Intellectual Property Services
BRG Alternative Investments Valuation Services Group provides valuation services in support of transaction opinions (fairness and solvency opinions), alternative investments portfolio valuation, GP manager valuations, corporate financial reporting, and strategic valuations. Our clients are leading hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, limited partners, lenders, corporations, and attorneys.
We look for Consultant candidates with strong financial modeling skills, valuation-related technical competencies, the ability to team with a variety of industry specialists, and an interest in growing one's own leadership and business development capabilities. The individual will work with senior management consulting professionals on a broad range of valuation engagements related to equity, debt, derivatives, and complex infrastructure investments.
BRG offers all of its professionals on-the-job training and external training opportunities, benefits, and a unique career path within a management consulting firm focused on alternative investments.
- Analyze historical and projected financial information
- Develop detailed financial models to value companies and investments
- Aggregate and organize large data sets in Microsoft Excel
- Leverage financial and market data software platforms such as Capital IQ and Bloomberg
- Analyze and interpret company operating agreements and investment terms sheets
- Consistently meet client deadlines and quality expectations
- Maintain an organized, methodical and professional demeanor
- Communicate project status and results both internally and externally
- Demonstrate strong report writing skills
- Teamwork and Leadership
- Participate in a team environment and collaborate to share responsibilities towards attainment of team goals
- Actively seek out opportunities for practice development projects and personal leadership skill development
- Business and Personal Development
- Take advantage of BRG's business development activities, including client meetings and presentations
- Be ready to expand your network with our private equity, hedge fund, and other clients to become a trusted and reputable advisor within the alternative investments community
- A Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or other related field of study
- 2.5 to 4.0 years of prior valuation work experience is required, preferably with an accounting firm or national valuation firm
- Alternatively, 3.5 to 5.0 years of work experience auditing private funds (with proven expertise reviewing investment valuations) at a Big 4 accounting firm
- Experience as a key team member leading the development and ultimate completion of client-ready valuation deliverables (or similar client service deliverables)
- Progress toward a CFA designation or similar designation will be looked upon favorably
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the U.S., without company sponsorship.
BRG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Berkeley Research Group (BRG) employs over 1,100 consultants and provides independent expert testimony, advisory services and data analytics to major law firms, Fortune 500 companies, fund managers, government agencies and regulatory bodies around the world. BRG experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, restructuring, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm assists clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement and strategy consulting. Headquartered in Emeryville, California, BRG currently has over 42 offices across the U.S. and internationally. This position offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert services and consulting firm.