Class B Driver - Rock Hill, SC at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rock Hill, South Carolina
Job ID: 131063
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
This position involves transporting glass and/or metal products to local and out of state customers with company assigned vehicles; either tractor/trailers or straight trucks with the possibility of layovers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Loading and Unloading glass and/or metal products at customer locations and job sites
- Complete pre and post trip inspections
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Possess a valid driver’s issued by the state of residence to operate the type of equipment the applicant will be driving
- Must be able to determine whether transported cargo is properly located, distributed and secured on the vehicle
- Ability to obtain a medical examiner’s certificate of physical qualification
- At least 2 years of verifiable, incident-free class A or B driving experience
- Good customer relation skills.
- Ability to handle varying road, traffic and weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to wear the required safety equipment which includes safety boots with metatarsal guards and stand for extended periods of time
- Candidates must also be able to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.