Outside Plant Designer at Consolidated Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Posted in Design 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Recruitology
Location: Delaware, OhioJob Description:
Join the Consolidated family! Consolidated, a cooperative in Central Ohio dedicated to improving the quality of life for our members and communities, is seeking an Outside Plant (OSP) Designer. This position is responsible for all aspects of outside fiber plant design services. The OSP Designer will apply their understanding of basic outside plant circuit design, transmission and distribution procedures, cable placement and splicing practices, and cable protection as well as general telecommunication industry standards and practices including government codes and regulations.
Education and Experience Required:
- A high school diploma. Some college and three to five years of experience with fiber design, FTTH design, pole line design, and buried and underground design is preferred.
- GIS proficiency. Working knowledge of CAD is preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills.
- Ability to learn and operate proprietary software and computer systems to expedite and facilitate design and work order processes.
- Knowledge of construction and planning procedures. Utility background is preferred, with emphasis on design and construction of underground and overhead systems.
- Ability to develop, read, and comprehend engineering schematics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to deal with governing authorities and their requirements, negotiate with private land owners and provide instruction and guidance as needed to contractors.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and data analysis software.
- A valid driver's license.
Generous benefit package including:
- Paid Personal, Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave Days.
- 401(k) (up to 7% contribution from co-op) & Defined Retirement (co-op funded) Plans.
- Dental, Vision, Life & Long-Term Disability Insurance paid for employee; Medical available at minimal cost.
- Education/development opportunities & more!
Please apply online at https://consolidated.bamboohr.com/jobs.
Consolidated is a Drug Free Workplace. Employment is contingent upon the completion and our evaluation of a drug screening test and a criminal background check in accordance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations. Consolidated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Careers with Consolidated Cooperative's family of companies. Consolidated Cooperative is a nonprofit, member-owned and controlled organization serving the needs of nearly 16,000 members in eight counties of north central Ohio. Our mission is improving the quality of life of our members & communities by providing high value energy & telecommunication services in environmentally responsible way. Our vision is to shape the future in our communities & be a top tier performing leader that spurs the future growth & economic vitality of our region.