Senior Research Analyst, Business Consulting at IDC
Posted in Research 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Framingham, MassachusettsJob Description:
Requisition Number 2018-1331
Functional Area Research
# of Openings 1
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
IDC's Worldwide Services Research Group is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to support its research and business development efforts in the Business/Management Consulting market.
Key topic areas to be covered include Business Consulting, specifically:
- Global and regional opportunity for
- Strategy consulting
- Operations consulting
- Finance and accounting consulting
- Governance, risk, and compliance consulting
- Business and transformation consulting
- Top 10 business consulting providers worldwide
- Comparative capabilities of leading consulting firms
- Analysis of the distinct business services being offered by advisory firms
In addition to the opportunity to join a highly successful and motivated research team, this position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to thrive in the industry's leading provider of market intelligence, delivering expert solutions to major suppliers of cutting-edge infrastructure solutions.
This is a highly visible position that requires the candidate to develop cutting-edge qualitative and quantitative research for IDC's exceptionally diverse base of clients that includes the most significant worldwide business and IT consulting firms and creative agencies. A successful candidate will become a subject-matter expert on business consulting and advisory services, buyer requirements and consulting firm capabilities.
- Develop, publish and present innovative, insightful, and actionable research. This includes writing well-researched and concise reports, generating forecasts, and presenting findings to providers and clients of business consulting services
- Participate in survey design and analysis: working in cooperation with IDC's primary researchers to develop, execute and publish relevant, insightful and actionable buyer-focused surveys.
- Provide first-class customer support and advisory services: offer timely and actionable insights and ongoing customer service
- Work closely with other IDC analysts to collect, analyze, and report observed trends, vendor revenue and market segmentations
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, MBA preferred
- Experience working with business consulting providers is preferred (e.g. Deloitte, PwC, McKinsey, BCG, IBM, Accenture)
- Understanding business implications and drivers of business services revenue, operating models and constraints
- Prior experience working as an analyst and/or related business experience is a plus
- Ability to critically analyze new and emerging trends, technologies, and services, and express the analysis in a written format
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to develop and maintain quantitative data models for historical and forecast data, develop related qualitative analysis, analyze survey data and deliver documents and projects on a timely basis
- Good social media and blogging skills
- Ability and ease with working independently and with a team
About IDC: International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.