Grade Setter at Helena Sand & Gravel
Posted in Construction 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Helena, Montana
Job ID: ((130967))
Helena Sand & Gravel, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials Mountain West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Construction /Helena Sand and Gravel
The grade setter performs a combination of duties to set groundwork to desired grade specifications. Primarily work 10-hours per day, 5 days per week. Will also be required to work up to 14-hours per day, and up to 7 days per week as needed during the busy construction season. This position may require traveling for periods of time to perform the job duties at various jobsite locations.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Reads site plans/blueprints at work site to be graded.
- Checks and sets grades using laser level/transit and grade rod.
- Pounds lathes/stakes into ground using hand-held sledgehammer to mark the grading boundaries. Writes grade information on the stakes.
- May hand shovel and rake dirt and gravel to perform groundwork as needed.
- May perform other duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Previous grade setter experience required.
- Must have a valid Montana State driver’s license.
- Good math skills required.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and understand plans and specifications.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with electronic grade equipment.
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time to perform job duties at various job site locations.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply common sense understanding to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates good performance, safety and attendance.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Must pass pre-employment physical screening and controlled substance testing.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Helena Sand & Gravel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Helena Sand & Gravel is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.