Truck Driver / CDL A - Marble Falls, TX at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Drivers 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 131125
Jewell is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Job Description Summary
- Transport construction material to job site in a safe and timely manner
- Assist and supervise loading of truck to ensure proper order and weight distribution
- Receive from dispatcher invoice for materials, directions to job site and any special instructions and follow them to the detail
- Maintain complete and accurate records such as DOT drivers' daily logs, fuel receipts, delivery documentation and any other required documents according to state and federal regulations
- Build and maintain good customer relationships
- Perform pre-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and report immediately any concerns or problems
- Obtain shipping bills and necessary signatures and return completed paperwork to the shipping department
- Provide and document proper routine maintenance of assigned truck and loading/unloading equipment
- Survey job site and unload cargo in the best area available in a safe manner
- Develop very good knowledge of inventory, sizes, types, colors, and pallet package
- Monitor and immediately report problems with assigned product quality, customer satisfaction, and traffic
- High school diploma / equivalent
- Experience with Moffett
- CDL A required
- Must have at least 2 years of experience
- Detailed oriented and good communication skills a plus
- Must be at least 24 years of age
- Must have a clean driving record
- Forklift certified a plus
- Bi-lingual is a plus
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Jewell is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Jewell is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.