Equipment Operator at W-L Construction & Paving Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chilhowie, Virginia
Location: Chilhowie, 24319
Job ID: 131150
W-L Construction and Paving, an Oldcastle Materials company, is one of southwest Virginia’s largest grading contractors and the largest paving contractor in the area employing more than 350 employees during the construction months. W-L performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete, and utilities with paving operations exceeding one million tons per year. With multiple locations throughout the state of Virginia, W-L prides itself on its ability to provide a multitude of services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Crew member essential in operating various types of equipment around the quarry area.
- Must partner with other quarry employees as instructed by facility manager to ensure daily schedules are met.
- Attendance required according to attendance policy to ensure crew ability to operate at a normal efficiency level.
- Physical ability to excavate/operate equipment under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completions.
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintain courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Ability to excavate designated areas with attention to detail and emphasis on craftsmanship.
- Ability to operate off road truck to specifications.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment on rough grade work in quarry area.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
- Ability to follow MSHA/OSHA safety guidelines as well as those set forth by the company policy.
- Ability to follow instructions of supervisor/facility manager in order to adhere to company policies, safety guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
What Oldcastle offers you
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Health and wellness programs
- Opportunities for growth, development, and promotion
W-L Construction & Paving, Inc., a division of Oldcastle Materials, is one of the hundreds of businesses that comprise the Oldcastle family. As the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and paving services, Oldcastle is one of North America’s largest corporations. Oldcastle’s decentralized, diversified structure, allows employees to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Whether we’re safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or constructing roads through national parks, Oldcastle Materials’ continued investment in people, performance and communities has positioned us as an industry leader.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Through the use of various tools, including our online applicant tracking system, which allows you to view and to track your application status 24 hours a day, W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. leverages itself to recruit the most dependable, qualified and experienced job seekers in the market! W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
W-L Construction and Paving is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
W-L Construction and Paving is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.