Delivery Driver <26000 lbs-Eagan, MN at Batesville Logistics Inc
Posted in Drivers 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Job Title: Driver/CSR <26000 lbs
Location: Eagan, MN
General Work Schedule: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 5 AM-3:30 PM Saturday 6AM-4:30 PM
Who we are
With annual revenues of nearly $600 million, Batesville is the clear leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems, and leading-edge technology designed to help funeral directors succeed. The company’s relentless pursuit of quality, customer service and innovation has propelled Batesville to the forefront of the death care industry.
While products and services have changed over time, Batesville’s mission of helping families honor the lives of those they love ®has remained the same for more than 100 years.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset, and we strive to attract, hire and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
Responsible for driving a Commercial Motor Vehicle in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as company policies and procedures to transport products to customer locations in a safe, timely, and courteous manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Safely operate Commercial Motor Vehicles ranging from straight truck to delivery van
- Deliver and unload caskets in a safe manner
- Develop and nurture customer relationships
- Effectively meet CSC and customer demands
- Responsible for local operational performance in the following areas: DOT regulations, health and safety, vehicle inspection and maintenance, work standards, procedures and policies, and customer satisfaction
- Other duties may be assigned
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal communication
- Professional appearance
- Positive attitude
- Diligent attention to safety
- Diligent attention to detail
- Team player
- Clean MVR
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including any days, shift, and weekends to ensure that the customer demand is met
- Ability to build and maintain effective customer relationships
- Must pass a vehicle road test
Must maintain a current DOT physical and keep on file with issuing state motor vehicle department
- Ability to lift 150 pounds from floor to waist and 20 pounds above the shoulders
- Ability to push caskets up to 300 lbs. on a shelf (approximately 90 lbs of force required) onto and off of a lift gate
- Ability to lift, one end at a time, a 300 lb. casket onto or off of a platform or church truck at the funeral home
- Ability to lower a casket from the standing (upright) position onto a bed of a roll loader. This could be up to 70 lbs of weight.
- Ability to lift miscellaneous equipment and product weighing up to 60 lbs
- 3 years of delivery experience
- Customer service experience
- Class B CDL
- Previous CDL driving experience
- Experience with computers
Travel is generally not required but may include some overnight travel depending on the location and route.
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, which includes MD Live, RX help center, Medical Advocate Program, short term disability, among others.
- Generous 401K Matching Program – 4% (base pay) automatic contribution + $.50 for each additional dollar saved on the first 6% of pay saved*
- Competitive pay
- Vacation, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Opportunities for development and advancement
- Bonus eligibility