Vice President, Edelman Intelligence at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our Chicago presence is expanding, and we are looking for a Vice President who will grow business, manage client engagements in the Mid-West, and lead junior staff - someone who brings the right mix of skills as a client relationship builder, research consultant/strategist and project manager.
We are a global team of naturally curious, passionate and strategic thinkers who strive to understand brands - and the ways people interact with them.
We want to ensure research, data analytics and insights are an integral part of our client counsel, and underpin the way clients communicate with their key audiences.
Whether it is helping to optimize a messaging strategy, assessing a company’s reputation, deploying real-time measurement and analytics to track the success of a new campaign, or developing thought leadership platforms - we are pushing the envelope every day to bridge art and science in the world of Communications Marketing.
You will bring strategic thinking to your day-to-day client work, and support the long-term growth of our team by building successful relationships with your fellow team members, colleagues, and clients.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP BUILDING
In business, it all starts with relationships. You will:
- Establish a reputation as a go-to research expert
- Create, grow, and nurture relationships with both internal teams and external clients to generate new opportunities and build incremental business
- Be fluent in the languages of communications, marketing, business, and research – tailoring those communications to audiences at all levels of expertise
Data doesn’t mean anything on its own – it needs to be collected properly and communicated effectively to realize its value. At Edelman Intelligence, we believe in “Big Insights” more than “Big Data”. You will:
- Ask the right questions, identify and understand business objectives, and scope research that has the most impact
- Provide strategic counsel to clients through all stages of the research process
- Identify insights, create narratives, and effectively communicate research results to drive strategy and enable clients to accomplish their business objectives
It’s not all strategizing – we need someone who can execute. You will:
- Manage complex quantitative and qualitative primary research from end-to-end, including coordinating execution staff, liaising with analysts in our Operations Center in Rochester, NY, and overseeing creation of effective research reports
- Lead operational and financial performance of account teams, set timelines and ensure they are met, and quickly and appropriately address client requests and incidental events
- Mentor and manage both direct and indirect reports to ensure that projects are completed – and employee expertise is being developed – effectively
You are an expert in primary research, ready to challenge yourself and grow your skills in secondary research (including social media measurement and digital analytics), and you are a highly skilled client manager.
You have 8-10 years’ experience in market research, public and/or corporate affairs and/or brand and communications consulting, insights creation, strategy development, or consultation.
You also have demonstrated experience in:
Various types of research engagements, potentially including...
- Corporate reputation
- Message, brand, design, website, campaign, and/or strategy testing
- Thought leadership
- Audience targeting and segmentation
- Measurement and optimization
- Brand positioning
- Dial testing
- Media analysis
- Digital analytics
- Statistical analysis techniques and programs
- Focus groups
- In-depth interviews
- Online communities
- Relationship building, business development, and client management;
- Effective synthesis and communication of research insights;
- Fluency in the language of marketing, public affairs, branding, communications, and general business strategy;
- Working for multiple brands and/or clients across a diversity of industries at once;
- Project management skills, including time and financial oversight;
- Managing and mentoring direct and indirect reports.
We offer a fun, challenging, fast-paced, and highly rewarding work environment that is fueled by both analytical thinking and creativity. Edelman Intelligence is an entrepreneurial atmosphere where employees are given autonomy and real responsibility to grow the Intelligence business and be involved in big-picture thinking. Ultimately, we are offering a place for you to both grow as well as leave your mark.