Job Foreman at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: aurora, ColoradoJob Description:
Supervises daily construction work to be performed at various military installations.
- Directly supervise and coordinate activities of minor construction projects.
- Monitor ongoing work for adherence to safety policies and regulations.
- Ensure work compliance with published specifications, project Scope of Work, and project drawings.
- May also engage in the same construction trades work as the workers being supervised.
- Supervise crews to obtain top quality workmanship, efficiency, employee satisfaction, morale, communication, commitment, teamwork, and pride.
- Complete Daily Quality Control/Safety reports and submit accordingly.
- Recognize, address, and communicate to supervisor any projects problems, such as access issues, user coordination issues, permitting issues, and complaints from the client.
- Coordinate and maintain project look-ahead schedules to resolve issues in advance and to ensure project readiness for scheduled subcontractors.
Coordinates, directs, and leads workers engaged in construction activities.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience is needed.
- Must include related on-the-job training and experience in construction practices.
- Experience and training must include methods, techniques, equipment and hands-on experience in a supervisory position.
- Experience in task order contracting is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong-to recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the solution of those problems.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment when carrying out duties and to maintain good working relationships with the public and fellow employees.
- Must be able to read, understand and apply information obtained from blueprints, surveys, and job specifications.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to positively interact with colleagues and client is necessary.
- Basic knowledge of administration and management.
- Must be able to plan, allocate resources, manage production, coordinate people, and equipment.
- Strong coordination, time management, active listening, oral and written expression and comprehension, critical thinking, and reasoning skills are required.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds for 50 feet. Job requires the ability to perform task on all areas and aspect of construction project. Must be able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet and crawl for distances of 50 feet.
Work is regularly performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, extreme winds, or ice storms. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, hot and cold, as part of environmental factors. Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards.