Shipper/Packer at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Richmond, VirginiaJob Description:
Prepare finished products for kitting, shipment or storage by placing them in shipping containers with the specific operations performed being dependent upon the type, size, and number of units to be packed, the type of container employed, and the method of shipment. Ensure items being stowed or shipped meet requirements of MIL-STD 129N. Use anti-static device. Must follow all steps in the SOP and Enclosure 2.
- Under mentoring of Lead, identify, examine, classify, accept, reject, and dispose of material as per DLA regulations.
- Ensure shipments are properly packaged, labeled, and loaded into vehicles.
- Able to use basic processes of inspection/examination procedures for material.
- Able to read specifications and photographs as required in DLA contract.
- Load material on and off skids, pallets, and stands.
- Prepare labels as required.
- Able to prepare basic reports.
- Operate tools and equipment in performance of duties.
- Receive data from and input data to Distribution Standard System (DSS) and other automated systems in performance of duties.
- Operate Material Handling Equipment (MHE) as assigned (Max 10% of workload) and hold appropriate license.
- Count, weigh, record data, apply tags, and labels.
- Able to make preventive maintenance adjustments to related equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have High School Diploma or GED (May substitute experience for education on a year-by-year basis).
- Minimum one year general experience.
- Minimum one year using woodshop tools, fabricating containers, framing construction, or preservation, packing, and packaging.
- Minimum one year specific experience demonstrating ability to read blueprints, measure fabrication materials, and identify various materials for construction of wood containers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, Access, and E-mail business software.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Virginia driver's licenses. Must have own transportation
Must pass Government Public Trust Background Investigation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to be able to stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Works in shop/warehouse environment. Work involves repetitive motions and standing for long periods of time. Work is of a physical nature and requires the incumbent be able to lift 50 lbs overhead and/or repetitively.