Skilled Quarry/Production Associate at Pennsy Supply, Inc
Posted in Construction 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Thomasville, Pennsylvania
Postal/Zip Code: 17364
Pennsy Supply, part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., a division of Oldcastle, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States. Our operations span the nation from Montana to Texas and from Washington to Florida, with 17,500 employees at more than 1,200 locations in 44 states.
This position is responsible to perform all types of general labor work
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for own personal safety at all times
- Completion of MSHA Part 48 New Task Training for working in each department.
- Operation of bobcat to assist in various clean-up efforts.
- Working rotating shifts and overtime as needed to cover operations.
- Operator to be able to climb, sweep, and shovel, and hand stack pallets
- Must be able to be trained in bagging and milling departments
- Employee to maintain and grease associated equipment in each department.
- Workplace inspections to be completed and properly documented.
- Responsible for quality control of products and taking samples as required.
- Responsible for loading customer orders correctly, and maintaining quality of products loaded on trucks.
- Maintaining clean assigned working area.
- Maintain environmental standards
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Able to work independently with attention to detail
- Able to follow direction and work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize assignments to meet long-term and short-term deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills.
Able to work various times during day, night or weekend hours, at various locations
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.