Director of Major Gifts, College of Professional Studies at Northeastern University
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Director of Major Gifts, College of Professional Studies
Requisition Number: STFR004385
Division/College: College of Professional Studies
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Reporting directly to the Director of Development, Special Projects and the Dean of the College of Professional Studies, the Director of Major Gifts for the College of Professional Studies will work in collaboration with the Senior Vice President for University Advancement, Vice President for Development, Dean of the College of Professional Studies (CPS), and Advancement staff to develop fundraising initiatives targeted to special constituents who have the capacity to make significant gifts to CPS and across the university.
Manage a portfolio of 100+ select major gift prospects, including alumni, friends, and university leaders, with a focus on raising gifts at the $25K to $999K level. Identify new prospects, make discovery and qualification calls, establish cultivation and solicitation strategies, and solicit gifts. Work to achieve a high level of engagement from constituent groups. Build and enhance constituent relationships with Northeastern, involving them strategically in special programs and events, and connecting them to other university leaders and supporters. Create and lead new initiatives that provide meaningful and substantive engagement opportunities. Manage corporate and foundation relationships that have already been established.
The College of Professional Studies serves as an incubator for new initiatives and educational entrepreneurship at the university. Serving students from the undergraduate through the doctoral level, the college is a leader in the provision of innovative degree programs for adults.
Candidates should have a proven track record in soliciting and closing gifts, and be able to demonstrate successful relationship building with institutional leaders.
- The University is seeking a highly entrepreneurial, energetic individual who has 7-10 years of progressive Development experience.
- Demonstrated ability in strategic planning for a comprehensive, sustained operation necessary to carry out the vision, goals and fundraising aspirations of the University.
- Proven success in fundraising.
- Tested ability to work closely with high-level decision makers, trustees and other top-level volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for building relationships with external (donors, prospects, trustees) and internal (deans, faculty, staff, colleagues) constituents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly collaborative in approach.
- Strong management skills.
- Ability to travel frequently (including nights and weekends)
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s preferred.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency