Equipment Operator at Synagro
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Founded in 1986, Synagro Technologies, Inc. provides environmentally sustainable solutions for commercial and municipal organizations that generate organic by-products. Synagro consistently transforms industrial and municipal waste into environmentally friendly resources that benefit our communities. As the largest recycler of organic by-products in North America, Synagro uses best-in-class processes, from beneficial reuse to renewable energy, that adhere to the strictest of environmental regulations to provide compelling solutions for communities across the continent. Serving more than 600 municipal and industrial water and wastewater facilities in the United States and Canada, Synagro’s leading systems of organic by-product management services support municipalities of all sizes in saving money and meeting environmental regulations. Visit synagro.com to learn more.
Here are some highlights on this position:
- The work environment is fast-paced and challenging.
- New employees receive 15 days paid time off to start.
- New employees receive eight paid holidays and two floating holidays.
- Dental, medical and supplemental insurance plans are available.
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan is available
Performs various project work which requires safely operating vehicles and a variety of heavy/agricultural equipment that may include, but not limited to; front end loader, belt press, centrifuge, dredger, spreader box, excavator, terragator, and road tractor.
1. Operate truck/equipment in a safe manner at all times
2. Perform loading, unloading, and timely delivery of material to assigned/approved destination
3. Travel from job site to job site or plant to job site. May involve overnight travel
4. Clean bio-solids off truck/equipment before leaving the field site or landfill
5. Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with clients and the public
6. Conduct daily inspections and perform preventative maintenance on the truck/equipment
7. Perform shop clean up, maintenance, and equipment/tools setup
8. Maintain operation records
1. Communication skills – verbal and written
2. Ability to operate heavy or agricultural equipment in a safe manner
3. Ability to perform basic math
4. Efficiently operate and use smart phone
5. Mechanical and electrical aptitude
6. Ability to follow directions
7. Ability to travel
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
2. Valid Drivers’ License
3. Minimum 2 years of project work experience preferred
4. Minimum 3 years commercial driving/heavy or agricultural equipment experience preferred
5. Safe driving record: No serious tickets or accidents in last 5 years or DWI/DUI in last 10 years
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Sitting, Climbing, Balancing, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Fingering, Feeling, Lifting up to 50 lbs., Talking, Hearing, and Seeing
2. The worker is subject to confined spaces
3. The worker is subject to outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather
4. The worker is subject atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
5. The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to bio-solids
6. This position requires travel and overtime
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all essential job functions, knowledge, skills, abilities, efforts, and physical or working conditions associated with a position.
We thank all individuals for their interest in Synagro however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.