OCC Manager at Batesville Services Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Batesville, Indiana
Who We Are
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service and innovation. For more than 100 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is the clear leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset, and we strive to attract, hire and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
Oversees the Office of Contract Compliance team and Sales Accounting team to provide assurance of customer contract integrity, compliance with agreed upon terms and conditions, and accurate fulfillment of customer contracts. Able to turn data into true insight and provide proactive direction to both field personnel and management pertaining to customer programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Maintains process for establishing and maintaining customer contracts, which includes ensuring adherence to contract terms/conditions and providing training and support to field personnel
- Analyzes overall contract performance and communicates results and trends to leadership team
- Oversees processes related to contractual obligations, i.e. rebate payouts, discounts, fixturing, up-front supply agreements, consignment, etc.
- Ensures accuracy of monthly accounting transactions related to rebate accruals, amortization of deferred floors, and unearned discount reserve
- Participates in other ad hoc analysis projects as needed; provides appropriate analytical support required by functional leaders
- Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance to the Company policies, the Code of Ethical Business Conduct and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Travel is not required.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university and 3 to 5 years related accounting/finance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in accounting/finance.
Required Skills /Experience
- Basic experience Microsoft Office
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel
Preferred Skills /Experience
- Basic experience with ERP or Accounting systems (e.g. JD Edwards)
- Basic experience with reporting tools (e.g. Cognos)
Unique Health & Welfare Benefits
- Onsite wellness center with FREE office visits, FREE physical therapy & many FREE generic prescription medications (available in Cincinnati, OH; Batesville, IN; Batesville, MS)*
- Revolutionary Bod Pod Assessment & Weight Management Program
- Generous 401K Matching Program – 4% (base pay) automatic contribution + $.50 for each additional dollar saved on the first 6% of pay saved*
We Develop From Day #1: We promote an on-boarding experience focused on individual training through our Experience Batesville program. Our focus on intentional talent development continues through our Batesville University offerings and education events. We encourage associates to create Individual Development Plans (IDPs) to help drive career focused discussions and advancement opportunities.
We Support Each Other: Our mission is to help families honor the lives of those they love® and to carry that mission through to our team, we host an annual Remembrance Day to help our associates honor the lives of those they love who have passed as well as honoring those who have and continue to serve our country on Memorial and Veteran’s Day
We have Fun!: We work hard, but when it’s time to play hard, our Tree is Me team focuses on planning and promoting team events such as: our annual Associate Christmas & Children’s Parties, Summer Picnic, March Madness & Putt-Putt tournaments, Super Bowl and many other fun activities.
We Give Back: In addition to planning associate events, our Tree Is Me team partners with our local Relay for Life team to encourage associate participation in annual fundraising events to help raise funds and increase awareness for cancer.
*These services are not available at all Batesville locations.
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans