Audio Engineer at Garmin International
Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Olathe, Kansas
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Now seeking: Dreamers. In marketing communications, we dream it and create it. All of the company’s promotional and communication needs are completed in-house by these “creatives” in an advertising agency-based set-up. This includes everything from advertising, promotions and print production to media relations, exhibition coordination and website maintenance. Everyone from artists, writers, designers, media buyers, event coordinators, video producers/editors and public relations specialists work together to bring campaigns and product-centric promotions to life. If you’re a dreamer, gather up your portfolio and show us your vision.
We are looking for a full time Audio Engineer at our headquarters in Olathe, Kansas. In this role you will be responsible for outstanding audio post production and location sound recording for use in marketing communications electronic media for Garmin customers, employees and dealers. Essential functions include:
- Use creativity and expertise in audio post production for a variety of projects that include customer support videos, web promotional videos, pre-roll ads, broadcast television ads, cinema ads and radio advertising
- ProTools HD proficiency or having the experience and expertise to quickly adapt to ProTools HD Digital Audio Software interface
- Demonstrate expertise in appropriate use of equalization, compression, limiting, noise reduction, signal path priority, plug-in effects and mastering tools for project delivery to a variety of industry specifications and formats
- Collaborative skills to work with an extensive creative team in the many facets of advanced audio for video post and audio sound design for motion graphics projects
- Professional experience working in studio, on a sound stage and on location as a sound recordist
Qualified Candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in broadcast, production or related field from an accredited four year college or university or equivalent experience, and a minimum of 5 years of experience as an audio editor, a minimum of 5 years of experience in audio post production, a minimum of 5 years of experience in audio post production, and a minimum of 3 years location recording techniques used on video production sets.Other required skills include:
• Proficient knowledge with digital editing systems most current release of ProTools HD on MAC OS preferred
• Experience with all facets of audio for video post production including sound design, sound effects search, manipulation, music search, editing, Foley effect recording
• Familiarity with mastering and delivery format requirements for web and broadcast standards
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.