Construction Pipe Foreperson - Statewide, NH at Pike Industries, Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Belmont, New Hampshire
Job ID: 131505
Pike Industries, Inc., a subsidiary and integral part of Oldcastle, is a leading Highway Contractor and the largest producer of Hot Mix Asphalt and Construction Aggregates in New England. Pike has experienced continual growth over the years and currently employs nearly 1,000 people throughout NH, ME and VT. The dedication, knowledge, and quality workmanship of our employees is what makes the company such a great success. If you’re looking for a challenging career at a company that will reward your efforts, look no further. Take the first step and apply for an exciting opportunity to gain top notch industry experience and pave the road to your success. All Roads Lead Here!
Construction Pipe Foreperson (Statewide, NH): We are seeking a qualified, safety minded individual to be the Construction Pipe Foreperson. Pipe Forepersons generally perform their duties during a shift that varies with the hours of operation of the business, with substantial overtime, often on short notice. Duties are performed under limited supervision. Must be competent in highway and site engineering and have a strong background in underground utilities including water sanitary sewer and drainage. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: supervising daily activities of a 4+ person crew, the ability to read blueprints and provide project lay-outs and timely communications with personnel and management. Additionally, the Pipe Foreperson is responsible for daily documentation of pay quantities and ensuring production is within budget. This position will be based out of Central, NH. Classification: Seasonal hourly position.
- Must be committed to providing and promoting a safe work environment.
- Must meet the requirement of the “competent person” as provided by OSHA in the Trenching and Shoring standards.
- Willingness to perform administrative duties such as timecard review and approval, progress postings (daily quantities) and keep a field journal.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The willingness to travel to other Pike locations throughout Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont when needed.
- Extended hours with possible night and/or weekend work as well as overnights.
- A valid driver’s license.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Pike Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Pike Industries, Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.