Northern Plains Trucking Winch Truck Driver at Northern Plains Trucking
Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Greeley, Colorado
Northern Plains Trucking (NPT) is an oilfield services company serving the oilfields of Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming. Located in Greeley, NPT was founded in 1997 and was acquired by Complete Production Services in February of 2008. With the acquisition by Superior Energy Services, NPT is now part of one of the largest oilfield service companies in the world.
We are currently seeking a Winch Truck Driver/Operator, Class A preferred to join our team. Under the supervision of the Winch Truck Supervisor, the Winch Truck Operator drives and operates a winch truck equipped with a single winch. The Winch Truck Operator performs a variety of tasks, including but not limited to: loading and moving frac tanks; transporting and unloading oil field servicing or drilling equipment with the use of a float; and moving open top tanks and well servicing equipment to and from various locations within the work area. This equipment is loaded and unloaded onto the truck or float with the use of the truck's mechanical winch. The Winch Truck Operator completes all necessary paperwork, including vehicle inspection reports (per DOT regulations) and drivers daily logs (per DOT regulations), in compliance with Federal Motor Carrier DOT regulations.
The pay range for this position is $23/hour.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
- The Winch Truck Operator drives the winch truck to and from the appropriate location while mechanically loading or unloading oilfield equipment using a single winch. This position requires the knowledge and ability to safely operate the truck and the mechanical winch and to then manually tie down the loaded equipment using chains and boomers.
- Assure that paperwork such as timesheets, tickets, and records of loads hauled/transferred are completed accurately and forwarded to supervisor daily.
- Assure that trucks are maintained and in good working condition. Must fill out Driver's Vehicle Inspection Report (per DOT Regulations) daily. Notify supervisor of all problems immediately and perform minor repairs as necessary. An understanding of basic maintenance concepts is required.
- Must complete Vehicle Inspection Report and Driver's Daily Log each day and forward to supervisor at the end of the day (per DOT regulations).
- Responsible for conducting all field activities safely and accurately. Responsible for operating and maintaining all company equipment and property.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Dependable attendance, no unauthorized absences.
- Follow safe work and good housekeeping practices.
- Attend all required safety meetings.
- This position requires various types and levels of job related training with compliance to Company Safe Operating Procedures and other specialized training as required.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
Education and Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Physical ability to perform heavy manual labor.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English to the extent that s/he is able to understand as well as able to give verbal and written instructions to ensure safe and effective communication; and the ability to perform simple math skills using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and simple calculations).
- Must have the basic knowledge of the oil field and related equipment associated with this position.
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL A).
- Must have an acceptable MVR based on our company insurance carrier standards.
- Frequently required to drive in severe driving conditions.
- Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT rules and regulations as required.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Minimum of one year commercial truck driving experience required, two years preferred.
- Must be able to pass required background checks as well as a pre-employment drug screening.
- Ability to meet required driving criteria.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to utilize and maintain electronic records.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position please select the link "Apply for the job online".
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Drug Free Workplace.