Architectural Professional at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Posted in Architecture 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Los Angeles, California
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as an Architectural Professional for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributing actively in establishing the design framework of projects as part of a larger team.
- Exhibiting an excellent understanding of the design philosophy of projects and then relating assigned tasks to that philosophy.
- Performing work on basic segments of a project. .
- Contributing to detailed preparation of design and construction documents and solutions to general architectural problems.
- Working with project team members to check on and coordinate details and dimensions.
- Collaborating across disciplines and departments to ensure well coordinated and designed projects.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program or graduate of four-year program.
- Minimum of three years experience in preparation of conceptual, schematic and design development documents and materials.
- Experience in design development, architectural design, documentation, and detailing on a wide variety of projects.
- General knowledge of architectural practice including site planning, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical engineering and construction costs.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques related engineering principles and building codes.
- Ability to translate complex designs into clear, concise details and construction documents.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling such as Revit, Rhino, and 3D Studio Max, Rendering using mental ray or vRay, AutoCAD Architecture 2008, Photoshop, Illustrator, Powerpoint.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.