Product Engineer - High Power at Aptiv
Posted in Architecture 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Warren, Ohio
Moving Mobility Forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We're at the forefront of solving mobility's toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what's now to what's next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers, in 45 countries. Please visit us at www.aptiv.com.
Division: Electrical/Electronic Architecture:
E/EA provides complete design of the vehicle's electrical architecture, including connectors, wiring assemblies and harnesses, electrical centers, hybrid high voltage and safety distribution systems. Our Hybrid portfolio ENABLES high voltage power and electronics backbones that support increased vehicle content and electrification, reducing emissions and higher fuel economy through weight savings. It also includes infotainment and displays; 3D clusters, embedded WiFi, navigation, Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V) connection systems, etc. We enable Aptiv as a world leader in optimizing and customizing electrical architectures that take intelligent driving to new levels. Divisional HQ: Shanghai, China
The Connection Systems team has an exciting product engineering opportunity located in Warren, OH at our Champion Technical Center. Under the direction of a Product Engineering Supervisor, the successful candidate will serve as a component engineer for mobile electric vehicle charging (couplers and enclosures). The Product Engineer will be responsible for various high power portfolio projects within the connection systems product line.
- Lead design, validation, production, implementation and project management of components required for EVSE Mobile EV Charging systems from business award through start of production phases.
- Provide mechanical/electrical and material design expertise and support to the Aptiv Charging Team.
- Coordinate design and design change activities between Customer, Aptiv and associated Supplier Chain with regular report out to Aptiv Program Management and functional teams.
- Support process activities (analysis, design, reviews, testing).
- Exploit Aptiv product differentiators providing a competitive advantage (technology, cost, quality, services).
- Leverage Aptiv organizations and products in to proposals in support of DFM and VA/VE cost optimization.
- Work with Aptiv sales and Business Lines to ensure business objectives are met.
- Create and deliver Customer presentations as well as communicates project status via Customer systems.
- Support Aptiv Hybrid/Electrical Vehicle teams in other regions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 1+ years' experience with automotive electrical/electronic design experience.
- 1+ years' experience utilizing electrical schematics and vehicle mechanizations.
- 1+ years' experience with DVP&R testing.
- 6+ months' experience with typical industry practices and OEM customer requirements for design of electrical products.
- Master's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Prior vehicle charging experience.
- Strong background in printed circuit board (PCB) technology and high power switching/circuit protection.
- In-depth knowledge of PCBA Product Validation Testing and Industry Certifications (UL, IEC).
- Knowledge of UG/NX and CATIA systems.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills including, but not limited to, Six Sigma or equivalent training.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong results-orientation and execution characteristics.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple conflicting tasks, make intelligent, timely decisions and solve problems independently.
Traits We Seek:
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?