Driver at Waste Connections
Posted in Drivers 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Helens, Oregon
Requisition Primary LocationSt. Helens, Oregon
Our Pumper Truck Driver will be responsible for driving a truck on specified routes to mechanically collect waste and transport it to appropriate disposal sites. Daily work will involve heavy industrial lifting, lifting waist high, gripping with hands, moving at a brisk consistent pace, and occasional bending. This position will also be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously serving customers. Shift starts at 5:30 am and the day ends around 4:30pm or sooner. This position does get a lot of OT in the summer with occasional weekend events. Rate of Pay is $16.00/HR.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Be able to follow safe operating practices.
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service.
- Be able and willing to work in a team environment.
- Be able to read, write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily assignments.
- Complete pre and post trip inspections on vehicles
- Drive for periods of up to 1 hour at a time
- Load and unload portable toilets with lift gate: Portable toilets weigh 185lbs
- Maneuver portable toilets on and off lift gate as well as for placement: using leveraging equipment when possible such as a dolly
- Lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Clean portable toilets: carry and hold hose while pumping. Weight of hose is approximately 15lbs. Use sprayer to spray out the portable toilets.
- Clean and service up to 50 units per day
- Job requires full range of motion which includes the ability to lift, bend, and stretch.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)