Op Ex Specialist – Hydraulics and Lubrication Reliability Improvement Leader at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Architecture 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Op Ex Specialist – Hydraulics and Lubrication Reliability Improvement Leader
The OpEx Hydraulics and Lubrication Reliability Improvement Leader will utilize leadership, subject matter expertise (SME) in hydraulics and lubrication, and the ability to collaborate, to help plan and coach improvements in these areas at multiple GP Manufacturing facilities. The role will work with sites who request their assistance to provide trouble shooting assistance, provide training and coaching, and to help set up sustainable reliability programs supporting the related systems and assets. This individual will be expected to help assess manufacturing site gaps and opportunities, jointly develop a plan with those sites to close any gaps, provide hands-on support to assist in closing gaps, and develop capabilities by training and coaching individuals. The success in this role is measured by how well the sites improve in the areas supported, to include the reduction or elimination of unplanned events and cost optimization. The individual will also apply innovation by identifying issues and trends, and by finding and applying new tools and processes that create value. Excellent communication skills are essential as is the right mix of experience and humility to be able to help develop capabilities at our sites.
The position is home based and requires up to 70% travel to various manufacturing sites. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow with an innovative team and to gain knowledge of the GP Manufacturing businesses.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Practical application of knowledge in hydraulics and lubrication
- Collaborating with manufacturing employees to solve problems and improve reliability
- Training and coaching others to advance their capabilities
- Facilitation, Communication (oral and written)
- Facilitating root cause analysis
- Developing and implementing site specific hydraulic and lubrication programs and reliability strategies
- Implementing best practices while applying economic thinking
- Challenging and inspiring at all levels of the organization
- Auditing and assessing followed up with hands-on support to capture critical opportunities
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering field with minimum 10 years’ experience in reliability or maintenance OR no degree with minimum 20 years’ experience in hydraulics and lubrication reliability or maintenance.
- Subject matter expertise in hydraulics and lubrication.
- Willing and able to travel up to 70%
- Can read/understand/use hydraulic schematics for hydraulic system troubleshooting
- Problem-Solving complex issues using a formal problem-solving process, including use of FMEA
What Will Put You Ahead?
- IFPS certification as a Certified Fluid Power Specialist, Certified Fluid Power Technician, or Certified Fluid Power Engineer
- Certification by IMCL as MLT I and MLA II, or by STLE as a CLS
- Demonstrated capability for coaching and developing others
- Ability to Work Independently but also able work and collaborate with peers and diverse teams
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf