Engineer Manager at Entegris
Posted in Other 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Bedford, MassachusettsJob Description:
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military status.
Job ID 2018-4886
Company Overview and Values
Why work at Entegris?
Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your Future.
Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we operate as an organization - not just when it's convenient, but in a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of the office.
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core PACE values:
The Manager, Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance oversees the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes, operations, and equipement for new and existing processes and products. Ensures the effective use of materials, equipment and personnel in producing quality products at minimum costs. Acts as liaison with New Product Development in releasing new products. Develops systems to maintain reports and record keeping of company products. Completes other duties as assigned.
In this role you will
- Oversees the planning, development and implementation of methods, processes and automation techniques, for new and existing processes and products throughout the manufacturing areas.
- Provides general guidance and leadership for day-to-day Entegris Engineering and equipment maintenance operations.
- Manages and identifies resource requirements; assigns work to team members and ensures that all internal and external stakeholder(s) requirements are met.
- Assists manufacturing in solving technical problems and debugging of products or processes.
- Oversees the management of the manufacturing area and movement of resources and equipment.
- Assigns responsibilities and accountabilities to direct reports. Provides employee recognition, training and feedback. Adheres to company policies, procedures and applicable budget requirements. Conducts timely employee performance reviews.
- Participates in process and design improvements of products and equipment; actively follows-up and measures progress of continuous improvement efforts, ensuring process owner awareness and action.
- Focuses on the implementation, use of, and sustainment of Lean practices to manage key business processes to positively influence employee safety and health, product/system quality, customer satisfaction, waste elimination, growth, and cost effectiveness. Participates in continuous improvement activities, such as Kaizen events and the use of 6 Sigma tools.
- Promotes the use of 6s, the implementation of safe work practices, and the involvement of the S.E.E. committee to direct action to ensure safety of employees and visitors within company. Monitors work area and employees' performance for adherence to safety procedures, work restrictions, cleanliness and potential hazards to include correct use of hand tools, ergonomically work habits, equipment and machine operation procedure usage.
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or highly related field; a minimum of 10 years of work related experience; with a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience. Lean manufacturing experience; automated production machinery; vacuum furnace and assembly experience preferred. Knowledge of vacuum coating equipment and deposition technologies preferred, but not required. Related process-engineering experience preferably with deposition equipment;
Your success will be measured by
- Routinely works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of factors. Exercises judgment in prioritizing requests.
- Ability to lead teams and implement projects through continuous improvement initiatives and strategic planning.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing practices/systems.