Regional Quality Systems Manager at Jabil Circuit
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.
Lead and drive integration and sustainability of Global Quality Systems across the region.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement and support the set up of integrated quality systems for Global Quality in the respective region of responsibility; namely, Americas; Europe; Asia.
- Support the Regional Site Operations Managers to drive deployment of all regional and global Quality System Initiatives.
- Create and manage a community of Quality Systems Management across the region ensuring the use of best practices across all areas of Operations.
- Ensure that metrics (KPI) are accurately and effectively used to assess the continuing suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness of the quality management systems.
- Ensure that all sites employ the full range of quality systems development and problem solving tools as required.
- Drive Global Quality Systems initiatives throughout the region of responsibility. Establish Quality as a competitive advantage.
- Mentor Site Quality Managers.
- Ensure quality system objectives are met in the region of responsibility.
- Create and manage a community of quality systems professionals and Subject Matter Experts.
- Drive Continuous Improvement mentality across all sites.
- Provide a path of escalation for all Site Quality/Systems Managers and Quality teams.
- Work synergistically with other Functional leads across Operations Development Team in region of responsibility.
- Provide reactive support to individual sites and businesses in the event of quality system issues and escalations.
- Provide leadership within the Quality Management community of region of responsibility.
- Provide leadership within the Ops Dev community of region of responsibility.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Science or Analytical discipline required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- 5 years of experience in management in a heavily matrixed environment.
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Experienced in successfully leading the Quality System function in a multi-cultural and multi-site environment.
- Proven experience implementing ISO 9001 quality management systems.
- Experience as a QM / QMS in high volume, high mix industries.
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. This position requires U.S. citizenship. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.