Student Engineer- Portland, Oregon #22203 at PacifiCorp
Posted in Architecture 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portland, Oregon
PacifiCorp is one of the lowest-cost electricity producers in the United States, providing more than 1.6 million customers with reliable, efficient energy.
To assist in the development of engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, design documents, and performance assessments associated with the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the companys transmission and distribution system.
- Assist company engineers in performing engineering studies and analysis of substation equipment, protection and control equipment, transmission structures and hardware, and distribution equipment.
- Develop moderately complex engineering studies of limited scope and prepare data for analysis.
- Perform electrical network data analysis and present results to company staff.
- Conduct drawing reviews to ensure adherence to company and industry standards.
- Research and test equipment provided by suppliers
- Update company standards and drawings
- Analyze the system design, programming, and modification.
- Enrolled full time in accredited engineering college/university.
- Sophomore standing or higher in electrical/mechanical/civil engineering or a related field.
- Ability to interact favorably with project and work teams.
- Communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers and automated tools.
- Average hours of work per week not to exceed 20 hours per week per calendar year.
Primary Location: Portland
Department: 00000759 Rocky Mountain Power
Personnel Subarea: Non Exempt
Hiring Range: 15.50- 20.50
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.