Sr. Technical Customer Service Engineer - Semiconductor Materials at Henkel Corporation
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Irvine, California
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing, and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
The primary function of a Sr. Technical Customer Service Engineer is to provide engineering support for Henkel’s semiconductor materials product lines. Specifics include design and administration of internal screening evaluations on developmental and commercialized products, optimization of material assembly processes and direct interaction with customers to troubleshoot and solve product and process related problems. This role also provides global on-site support at Henkel's customers.
What we offer
- Conducts all R&D laboratory work in a safe manner including the use of proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), adherence to site safety practices, use of laboratory equipment, 5S, etc.
- Works independently and self directs projects and activities.
- Ability to formulate strong conclusions and path forward from project work.
- Has ability to successfully handle on-site support of complex customer issues.
- Ability to apply creativity and innovation to solving technical problems. Routinely uses knowledge of customer application methods and external literature in project work.
- Demonstrates implicit understanding of customer culture and anticipates their needs when developing new processes.
- Leads customer interaction/communication for major customers and possibly for key customers.
- Solves technology-specific fundamental problems associated with entire product lines and/or product classes.
- Conceives novel approaches to application process development, troubleshooting, and material characterization.
- Considered an expert in a specific product line and/or market segment.
- Uses project management skills to drive projects to completion
- May give specific work direction to one or more technicians or entry-level professionals.
- Develops and provides training, presentations, and webinars.
Who we are looking for
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, or other related fields.
- 5+ years of experience working in a chemical laboratory, surface mount, or semiconductor packaging environment is required.
- 2+ years of direct customer facing experience is preferred.
- Experience in operating equipment for semiconductor packaging applications such as flip chip, dispense, jetting, die attach, wire bond, dicing, lamination, etc.
- Ability to gather, understand, and interpret chemical, physical, and mechanical data.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other team members in product development programs.
- Experience in writing technical papers or reports as well presenting results to technical teams.
- Solid interpersonal skills, with ability to work as a team member and also independently on multi-task assignments.
- Knowledgeable in Power Point, Word, Lotus Notes, Excel, Microsoft Project, and Statistical Analysis Software is preferred.
- Availability to work on different shifts if needed.
- Ability to work in a chemical lab environment and with lab equipment and computers. Able to carry out laboratory activities.
- Frequently sits, views a computer screen, and types on a keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Strong verbal communication skills one-on-one with colleagues/customers as well as in front of groups.
- Uses good scientific judgment, statistical analysis, root cause identification, and robust solution implementation.
- General knowledge of technical literature (company, patent, published) relevant to projects.
- Occasionally may be required to reach, squat, bend and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Travel within/outside of the United States is required (<15% travel time).
- May require passing additional security screening based on customer requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career