Architectural Professional at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Posted in Architecture 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
SOM is one of the largest and most influential architectural, interior design, engineering, and urban planning firms in the world. Central to this legacy of success is our team, which values enthusiastic collaboration, ambition, innovation, and a commitment to design excellence and the development of the architectural practice. We are dedicated to fostering our highly talented team, and constantly seek to better our workplace and culture. By joining our New York office, team members will become part of a firm devoted to the advancement of the built environment.
- Completion of professional degree in architecture
- Minimum of three years total post-graduate professional experience within the field of architecture
- Eagerness to work within a collaborative team environment on high profile projects
- Ability to work independently on defined portions of a project, with limited supervision
- Capability to take initiative in response to supervisor direction or situational need
- Knowledge in the preparation of design and construction documentation
- Strong conceptual design fluency
- Strong personal organizational and time management skills
- Committed to high performance and sustainability design strategies
- Proficiency in Revit, digital modeling software, Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Excellent communication skills - spoken, graphic, and written
- Pursuit or achievement of professional accreditation and licensure
- Pursuit or achievement of LEED professional accreditation or similar credentials
We are committed to the evolution of our firm and the practice of architecture, and welcome unique experiences and qualifications beyond the above. We encourage prospective candidates to display their creativity, enthusiasm, and unique interests through the application process.
- Performs and completes work on defined segments of a project, after initial and periodic interaction with assigned supervisor, and organizes own effort within this framework.
- Exhibits understanding of the project design philosophy, and provides input in the development of the design strategy relative to task area.
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks.
- Effectively communicates efforts with assigned supervisor and other team members.
- Actively collaborates with team members to ensure that project deliverables are coordinated, integrated, and support the design concept and project performance goals.
- Organizes own work efforts
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.