Application Developer at Pennoni
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
Pennoni Associates, established in 1966, is a multidiscipline engineering and design consulting firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our diverse clients. Pennoni provides services to local, state, and federal government clients, private, commercial, industrial, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms.
Pennoni is seeking an experienced and versatile Application Developer for immediate employment in our Philadelphia, PA office or major metro market. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of at least one programming language and must be familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms.
The successful candidate will:
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features
- Collaborate with a team of professional engineers, IT professionals, vendors, and clients to set specifications for new applications
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
Why Work With Us?
Pennoni Associates Inc., an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. According to the results of the surveys, Pennoni has built a great workplace where its employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Our excellent work relationships are strengthened because of our unique ability to anticipate and exceed expectations of our clients by using multi-disciplined engineering, ensuring the continued success of their projects and our firm.
- Minimum of 8-12 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of 4-7 years of management experience
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Familiarity working with HTML/CSS
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Knowledge of cartography, coordinate systems, map projections, and topology is a plus
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Proven experience as an Application Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Project management skills within a fast-paced work environment