Equip Reliability Manager at Rockline Industries, Inc.
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Russellville, Arkansas
This position will lead the development, implementation and execution of the Equipment Reliability for the facility. This includes involvement and leadership in developing the TPM environment. This position is responsible for directing, controlling and coordinating all phases of the plant’s Equipment Reliability Department.
The position’s responsibilities include the design of the department’s operating structure, process execution/reporting, and analysis/management of the Equipment Reliability budget. This position has direct reports including maintenance technicians, and technical specialists. The position will be working closely with cross functional managers in support of company’s overall operating goals and objectives.
- Provide day to day oversight of all Equipment Reliability activities through the leadership of front line technicians. This includes determining schedules and work assignments based on business priority, equipment criticality and technician skill level.
- Develop and/or maintain an effective preventive & predictive maintenance programs (including repair, modification and installation of equipment) in order to improve production efficiency and ensure optimum machine uptime availability.
- Identify, coordinate and manage outside vendors and contractors to facilitate repairs and installations. Monitor progress insuring that work is in compliance with specifications and agreed upon timelines.
- Supports the 8 TPM pillars with technical resources and coaching to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Coordinates the Effective Maintenance (EM) pillar resources to deliver reliable maintenance processes including: 6S, Visual Factory and spare parts inventories for all new and existing equipment as well as equipment modifications.
- Review plant production equipment environment (e.g., technology, systems, quality, cost, efficiencies, yield) in order to recommend process improvements.
- Record and analyze plant equipment performance data using design and performance specifications in order to ensure optimum machine reliability.
- Develop and/or revise the existing PM Program
- Ensure Equipment Reliability follows all Federal and State regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Acts as technical advisor in reviewing all operator, equipment reliability training material
- Assist in the selection and development of department team members.
- Develop a work environment within manufacturing that promotes trust, teamwork quality and safety.
- Assign accountability, build teams, hire, develop, evaluate, train, coach and discipline with corrective action as needed
- Assist in the establishment, analysis, and submission of yearly departmental budgets
- Develop Root Cause strategies for the department reducing unplanned downtime.
- Ensure plant cGMP policies and procedures are understood and enforced within the department.
- Demonstrate commitment to Rockline’s RRITE Values of Renew, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, and Excellence. Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or Applied Sciences preferred
- TPM based educational training a plus.
- At least 7+ years of industrial experience in a maintenance, mechanical or similar type position preferred
- At least 5+ years as Maintenance Manager or Equipment Reliability Manager preferred
- Experience working in a cGMP compliant facility preferred
- Prior experience with project management preferred
- CMMS – Computerized Maintenance Management System experience.
- Experience leading TPM or Lean in a Mfg. environment, preferred.
- Capable of designing and quoting Capital & Expensed projects
- Must have proven experience maintaining a large facility.
- Must be familiar with OSHA/ADA/NFPA/DOT/NEC standards as they apply to a manufacturing facility.
Technical Skills: Change Management: Knowledge of the principles of change management within an engineering system. Includes the ability to use change documentation and approval to manage supply of parts, maintenance, installation, removal and refurbishment to a base of existing equipment to minimize life and ownership costs. Equipment Evaluation: Ability to assess gaps in design and performance of equipment, design corrective actions, and make basic corrections and repairs for Asset Health Analysis. Equipment Installation Requirements: Knowledge of equipment installation requirements (e.g., electrical power, water, drain, airflow, space requirements). Knowledge and application of dispensing equipment installation principles. Problem Solving and Data Analysis: Knowledge of analytical engineering tools including critical path problem solving and root cause analysis to determine design feasibility and identify variation from performance specifications.