Sr. Production Engineer - Media Brands and Products at Yahoo
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: SUNNYVALE, Texas
Oath Media Brands and Products delivers delightful, inspiring and entertaining daily-habit experiences to over half a billion people worldwide. Our products include Yahoo, AOL, Huffington Post, Tumblr, Polyvore and Flurry with Yahoo! being number one in News, Sports and Finance. Delivering engaging, informative and relevant content to so many people quickly and beautifully is a huge challenge. The MBP Production Engineering (PE) team is the power behind engineering goodness for our production systems. By writing, designing and implementing software to drive velocity, operability, reliability and performance, the PE team ensures continuous quality on production systems as we embed deeply in the many layers and stages of software development . We love open-source and take every opportunity to give back to the community.
A Lot About You
At Oath we want engineers that are self starters and problem solvers with ability to do so with new and legacy code. Using innovative ideas to solve complex issues, while integrating easily with the running ecosystem, is a key trait that will fit very well in the organization. As a member of the PE team, you will drive such innovations with your developer partners and provide the operability arm by treating software as a first order responsibility.
We are looking for software engineers who:
- Have a passion for solving difficult technical problems, from the network to the application stack
- Like to relentlessly automate everything and anything at scale (tens of thousands of servers)
- Have a curious mind and love spending time trying to figure out how something works, not stopping with just knowing what it does
- Want to make web applications and back-end systems faster, more reliable, more efficient
- Think outside the box to build systems that collect, instrument, analyse data and provide insights about the system
Thrive on fast-paced projects, enjoy having broad and deep technical knowledge and are driven to iterate with new technologies
- Manage production services at vast scale and their associated infrastructure and tools
- Support the operability roadmap to improve the availability, performance, scalability and efficiency of the services by implementing monitoring, automation, redundancy, capacity and business continuity planning
- Work on challenging system and network problems to improve system performance and reliability
- Implement and maintain monitoring to provide complete transparency to application and system state, history, and trends
- Participation in on-call rotation - drive incident resolution, live troubleshooting and impact mitigation
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- At least 3 years experience in DevOps or Software Development roles
- Intermediate to advanced level of coding expertise in one or more language including Java, Python, Go, Ruby or Node
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP and networking
Solid experience with writing, understanding and enhancing algorithms, data structures, scripting, and software design practices
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines is a plus
- Experience with containers and cloud technologies like Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience in HAProxy / Varish / ATS is a plus
- Deep understanding of UNIX/Linux system internals and tools for troubleshooting application stack dumps and networking
Experience in supporting cloud-based virtualization and platforms, big data technologies (Apache Storm, Hadoop, Hbase) is a strong plus
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for all employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1-866-772-3182.
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.