Technical Writer II at DSS, Inc.
Posted in Professional Services 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: North Palm Beach, Florida
DSS, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace (DFWP).
DSS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity (EOE), Affirmative Action (AA) employer that invites and encourages minorities (M), women (F), veterans (V), veterans preferred (V Preferred), LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual) and individuals with disabilities (H) to apply.
We are ADEA and ADA compliant.
Technical Writer II:
- Is tasked with producing high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products.
- Are responsible for collaborating with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and subject matter experts to produce manuals and documentation that make DSS products easier to use.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Analyzes existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Creates and maintains the information architecture
- Produces high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Writes easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Assists with proposal related tasks including but not limited to proofing, formatting and producing technical written content for Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Creates tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Assists with ad hoc tasks as needed
- The preceding functions are examples of the work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and make a reasonable accommodation as needed.
- Excellent analytical writing and organizational skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Advanced working knowledge of FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Acrobat, Snagit, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Familiar with Microsoft Manual of Style
- Is flexible and able to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Has a proven aptitude for understanding technical troubleshooting and learning new software
- Is able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Experience in writing API documentation
- Knowledge of various research and development processes
- Experience working with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with interviewing subject matter experts, developers, customer representatives, management and end users to gather necessary information for creating and updating software manuals
- BS or BA degree required preferably in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or any other applicable degree
- A combination of education and experience considered equivalent
- Any advanced training or certifications related to the position
Years of experience in a similar role:
- 3 + years technical writing experience in a software development environment
OPEN DATE 3/1/2018
EXPERIENCE LEVEL 4-8 Years
EDUCATION LEVEL Bachelor's Degree
EXPIRE DATE 3/31/2018
DATE FIRST POSTED 3/1/2018 12:45:48 PM