Sr Supply Chain Development Mgr at Jabil Circuit
Posted in Architecture 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Responsible for the materials strategy in the assigned global business unit. This position includes responsibility for situational analysis, strategy development and guidance in implementation for the functional disciplines of supply chain development, procurement, planning and inventory control. These strategies should support the individual customer's needs and be complementary to Jabil's overall Supply Chain Management goals. The Sr Supply Chain Development Manager provides leadership and strategic direction to the workcells in factories where the business unit manufactures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs situational analysis, develops strategy and guides in the implementation for the functional disciplines of supply chain development, procurement, planning and inventory control
- Provides leadership and strategic direction to the workcells in factories where the business unit manufactures using a Management Matrix Model
- Analyzes the customer's needs and develop an appropriate materials strategy that is in alignment with Jabil's organizational goals
- In concert with the Operations Materials Managers, educates the Business Unit's factory workcells and champion implementation of the materials strategy
- Champions the execution and deployment of Jabil's standard planning and inventory strategies and systems with the customer where possible, and implement customized solutions where necessary
- Drives a systematic process to receive, evaluate and fulfill customer demand across the business unit
- Ensures that the Master Production Schedule is loaded in alignment with customer contract(s) and liability agreements so that the materials team maintains conformance to Jabil's "Rules of the Road"
- Develops and supervises solid product launch plans for new business, and transition plans for products being transferred between Jabil manufacturing sites
- Ensures continuity of product supply to the Jabil manufacturing site(s), and of finished goods to the customer throughout the transfer timeframe
- Recommends process and supply chain initiatives to lower inventory costs (hubbing, JIT, optimum manufacturing lot sizes, alternate transportation methodologies, etc)
- Clearly and regularly communicates the customer's needs to Commodity Management, Operations Materials Management and the Business Unit Buyers to ensure that Jabil provides supply chain solutions that foster success
- Manages the periodic (typically quarterly) materials quotation cycle for Business Unit Strategic Commodities. Assist in executing the RFQ as appropriate for the business unit.
- Identifies and facilitates the qualification of new, alternate and/or localized suppliers for Business Unit Strategic commodities
- Negotiates favorable pricing, payment terms, and advanced supply chain optimization programs such as supplier-owned inventory, Just-in-Time delivery schedules, reduced lead times and cancellation terms, return privileges, and EDI/SIS demand communication with Jabil's Business Unit Strategic suppliers
- Working in concert with Jabil's Commodity Management Team, recommends customer BOM pricing at the component level that promotes Jabil's competitiveness in the marketplace while simultaneously achieving Jabil's Materials Price Variance (MPV) goals
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Materials Logistics Management, or related discipline or equivalent
- At least five years related experience
- Solid understanding of electronics manufacturing and materials management is required, as well as a proven track record in negotiation, cost reduction activities and materials planning
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.