Learning & Development Manager at McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
Posted in Executive 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: St. Louis, MissouriJob Description:
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
Key Responsibilities & Qualifications
Learning & Development Manager - Central Region
The Learning and Development Manager will be responsible for creating, implementing and leading learning and development solutions for the Central Region of McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. The position supports our profes sional staff by working closely with the Corporate Learning & Development Team, Region Leadership and Region al HR Director to identify specific training and development needs. The L&D Manager will engage learners via classroom, virtually and/or on the job through the innovative solutions developed.
- C reate and implement developmental solutions to meet the organizations' needs.
- Develop internal network of SMEs to effectively and efficiently develop and deliver technical and non-technical training content across the region .
- Ensure region L&D needs are being met by utilizing the following skills:
- Design and develop instructional materials
- Revise and repurpose building skills and policies and procedures content to account for ongoing changes/updates
- Collaborate and conduct needs assessments with diverse subject matter experts
- Identify appropriate training approaches
- Design curriculum, programs, or learning solutions as appropriate
- Align training approach with course objectives and learner needs
- Establish credibility with all audiences: field operations, divisional administration, etc.
- Facilitate learning, encourage participation, and motivate learners
- Evaluate courses and make changes based on feedback
- Use LMS to setup, track and report on training events and sessions
- Design, develop, and deliver learning events using standard industry tools and methods
- Provide administrative and customer service support when needed
- Partner with Divisional Human Resources team to ensure alignment with business needs, division/company initiatives and/or development support
- Collaborate with Corporate L&D on solution development strategy, leverage existing solutions and resources and LMS capabilities
- Monitor training activities, manage content and provide recommendations for all training solutions based on business needs
- Provide training logistics and event management support where applicable
- Develop solutions for ad hoc projects and initiatives in support of divisional needs
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or Education related field preferred
- Proven experience designing, developing, and facilitating training in a business setting
- Demonstrated project management experience and ability to prioritize activities
- Ability to assess skills and knowledge and determine what developmental solution is needed
- Knowledge and expe rience in instructional design
- Independently motivated with proven ability to follow through on initiatives
- Highly engaging and collaborative style in working cross-functionally
- Design and development of instructional materials
- Ability to encourage participation and motivate learners
- Flexibility to deliver training in all formats: classroom, virtual, on-the-job , etc.
- The technical aptitude or experience to work with an LMS, online development tools, and key Microsoft Office tools
McCarthy is a member of the Training Magazine Top 10 Hall of Fame . We provide construction management, design-build, and general contracting services on innovative projects nationwide.
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.