HR Senior Specialist/Generalist at Henkel Corporation
Posted in Human Resources 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Canandaigua, New York
Henkel Beauty Care holds leading market positions worldwide and its brand-name product business is continuously expanding. In this fast-moving sector, success depends on constant innovation and high-quality products. Are you ready to work in a challenging, but also glamorous and dynamic environment? If you share a passion for hair and beauty, this is the place to start your career.
Zotos International is a leading Beauty Company specializing in Professional Hair Care and Color. Zotos was acquired by Henkel at the end of 2017 and is now a part of an impressive portfolio of Professional Hair Brands in the US. At Zotos, we are passionate about inspiring stylists around the globe with the most innovative and high-performing products, dynamic education, and exceptional customer service. Together with Henkel, we offer one of the broadest array of brands in the professional beauty industry and the education to match. Our manufacturing facility in Geneva NY is the hub of our business, producing these products for consumers and prosumers around the world.
What we offer
Our Senior HR Specialist plays a critical role by providing the local and extended teams with top notch Human Resources expertise in benefits administration, health and welfare programs, training, employee relations, and HRIS systems management. If you are passionate about Human Resources and ready for the adventure of being a part of a rapidly growing, industry leading, manufacturing company this is the perfect spot to showcase your talents.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Human Resources and is responsible for the support of the day-to-day Human Resources operations in our Plant environment. This may include, but is not limited to: Employee benefits, HRIS, wellness, employee relations, employee recognition and policy and procedure administration. You will also be a part of a broader HR organization both within the Zotos organization and Henkel’s HR structure.
1. Responsible for administering employee benefit programs, including STD, LTD, medical, dental, vision, life, etc. Is the primary point-of-contact for all employees’ health-related concerns and questions, while ensuring HIPAA compliance. Oversees and administers company FMLA program, with support from HR Shared Services.
2. Manages and administers health and welfare plans designed to enhance the well- being of our employees. Communicates with payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and accurate deductions. Responsible for COBRA administration.
3. Act as an employee advocate while ensuring employee understanding of benefit programs by creating and implementing regular communications and through counseling employees and/ or their dependents as needed. Resolves employee issues and concerns related to health and welfare plans. Administers badging system for employees, associates, and contractors. Oversight for the security system. POC for unemployment claims.
4. Conducts end to end investigations including those involving charges of alleged discrimination based on race, sex, age, religion, national origin, and physical/mental; provides feedback to employees and the leadership team. Pro-actively identifies areas on improvement on communication or policies. Communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations.
5. Lead for HRIS administration and changes. Responsible for all core data management of employees in HRIS system (job data, compensation info, performance appraisal etc.) HRIS training lead for all users.
6. Support annual merit increase cycle with Line Managers and corporate HR, including annual bonus administration; partners with payroll to process payments.
7. Partner with Senior Manager, Human Resources and Plant leadership to ensure proper compliance of personnel policies and procedures and assist in the development and maintenance of the employee handbook. Liaison with Senior Manager, Human Resources to support other duties as needed.
Who we are looking for
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field, plus 2-4 years’ experience in human resources, or equivalent.
• Fundamental working knowledge in all areas of HR
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, change for growth environment
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal): Ability to speak effectively with groups of management and employees
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
• Highly organized and detail oriented; excellent prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with PeopleSoft/SAP HRIS preferred.
• Experience in manufacturing environment preferred
• Must enjoy flexibility within their work and days with a forward-thinking mindset
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel-northamerica.com/careers/jobs-and-application