Sr. Process Technician at DRS Technologies
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
As a Senior Process Engineering Technician, the successful candidate will be responsible for equipment, process development, and sustaining activities for Infrared Sensor packaging and test operations. This job requires developing, documenting, and maintaining processes for assembly and test of Infrared Sensors. Various other projects may be assigned as needed.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Education: 5+ years applicable experience and Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Capable of working in a Class 100 Clean Room
- Self-starter with excellent verbal communication and documentation skills.
- Flexible and able to perform a wide variety of tasks and processes
- Ability to work with minimum direction/supervision, regular reporting of progress and status
- Computer literate & skilled in use of MS Office
- Detail-oriented, creative problem-solver
- Supports acquisition of hardware and software as needed
- Support engineering with moderately complex engineering duties and/or hands-on tasks.
- Proficiency with electronic instruments and test equipment
- Experience with infrared imaging systems and opto-mechanical design
- Experience/familiarity with digital cameras and microscopes
- Writes test procedures and protocols to assess product reliability and evaluates the ability of products to meet performance standards and specifications
- Solder components on CCAs and repair cable assemblies
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of packaging practices and processes
- Involved with the design, development, modification and analysis of various electronics systems.
- Involved with the design and development of test programs to measure the functionality and integrity of products.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions in existing products or systems and makes modifications as needed.
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress.
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings
- Other duties as assigned
- Capable of lifting up to 20lbs, 20% of time
- Walking up to 25% of time
- Climbing up to 10% of time
- Sitting up to 75% of time
- Standing up to 10% of time
- Stooping up to 10% of time
- Kneeling up to 10% of time
- Travel up to 15% of time
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS