Posted in Real Estate 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked to email: colleaguecare@AssociatedBank.com or call: (800) 878-3282.
Provide processing, compliance and closing documentation preparation services for correspondent lenders for the loan applications that they have originated. Responsible for preparing and verifying the accuracy of documentation necessary to process, approve, and close all types of residential loans. Responsible for preparation of all loan closing documents for all loan programs offered by Associated Bank TPO and Correspondent (Conventional portfolio and secondary market, State VA, Rural Development, VA and FHA). Respond to client requests for file status, questions on programs and processes. Interact with Underwriting, Post-closing, Mortgage Compliance and Secondary Marketing on a regular basis to resolve issues on specific transactions. Provide sales support to Correspondent Account Executives and other duties as assigned for the benefit of the TPO/correspondent lending division and Associated Mortgage Group.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and insure that the customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Fee Income Growth
Administrative Support Knowledge Growth
• Review application from originating lender for completeness and accuracy to registration program and price. Review compliance documentation as required. Insure file is properly entered into MLS, including appraisal, pricing, borrower information and automated underwriting findings. Request, review, and log the receipt of any other documents pertinent to the loan file (affidavits, offers to purchase, tax returns, recorded documents, certificates of eligibility, etc.) not provided by the lender.
• Monitor progress of loans through the underwriting department, working closely with underwriting to insure files are complete at the time of underwriting. Work with the Account Executives and Clients to obtain any conditions required by underwriting for approval or closing. Maintain a file rejection and pending ratio of less than 20%
• Review loan approval for any contingencies and obtain compliance; review title evidence for completeness and any potential flaws or inconsistencies, making arrangements to the appropriate parties to the transaction for correction; properly prepare all notes, mortgages, riders, closing statements, and affidavits in connection with each closing.
• Complete closing documentation for Associated Bank Wholesale Clients including all correct mortgage, note, riders, closing statements, disclosure documentation, affidavits and other documentation required to complete transaction. Maintain exception or return ration of less than 5%. All closings to be completed within the timelines set based on market conditions and customer requirements.
• Direct complete, accurate, and in proper order, closed loan files to Post Closing within 3 business days. Keep all returns to a minimum. If there is a request for corrected documents, or additional information from Post Closing, it should be provided within 7 business days.
• Provide back up to TPO Client Relationship Coordinator as needed. Work cooperatively with other Correspondent Coordinators to complete all department work on a timeliness basis. Perform other assignments as required.
• Project a professional image with our clients before, during, and after the closing.
Required Education: High School or equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Education: Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Finance related field of study
Required Experience: Less than 2 years Mortgage processing, closing or post-closing experience, in either a bank mortgage banker or mortgage broker environment. Knowledge of residential loan documents, loan servicing policies and practices, as ell as laws and regulations applicable to loan programs, closings and real estate transfers.
Preferred Experience: 2-4 years Mortgage processor, closer or processing manager in TPO environment.
Special Skill Requirements:
Other: Typing 40 wpm
Operate Office Equipment
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Maintain credit exception approval percentages within corporate approved guidelines