Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Holland, Michigan
You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Market Launch Lead at Herman Miller and make both.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
As a Market Launch Lead, you'll be accountable for planning and implementing impactful new product market launches that achieve the revenue targets established within each project's business plan. You will be responsible for all market-facing elements of new product commercialization projects, including market analysis, establishing and validating product criteria, developing positioning and messaging, sales planning, field training, marketing deliverable generation, and promotional actions. You'll also be responsible for organizing and leading cross-functional Market Launch Teams with assigned market-facing resources from across the organization to develop the launch plan and execute to achieve the revenue objects.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
* Develop and execute all aspects of the market launch plan, including staffing, expense, and timing.
* Develop and define all market-based requirements, including vocabulary, pricing, marketing, product training, showrooms, sales and A D planning, and distribution.
* Ensure a successful transition to the Category Team prior to transitioning to the next development initiative.
* Identify market conditions and trends to accurately establish and validate the business opportunity, program criteria, value proposition, positioning, and market message.
* Organize and lead the Market Launch sub-team comprised of direct and non-direct team members.
* Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
* Take responsibility for all market-facing aspects of the product commercialization initiative.
* Serve as a key global connection with partners from ELA (the EMEA, Latin America, and Asia-Pacific geographic regions of Herman Miller's international reportable business segment).
* Serve as the Market Launch Lead on the core team with budget authority and revenue generation accountability.
* Work closely and partner with key functions, designers, and experts to ensure the alignment and outstanding execution of market launch work to drive market adoption, as measured by revenue generation.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
You might be just who we re looking for if you have...
* A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or Operations. A Master's degree is preferred.
* Eight years of overall business experience including marketing and product management experience. Experience in product development and poroject management is critical.
* Three years of experience in a general management or leadership role.
* Experience within design/innovation-driven industries. Experience with furniture is optional, and capital goods experience is preferred.
* Sales and dealer development experience (a plus).
* Superior strategic marketing and planning skills.
* Demonstrated leadership competence as defined in Herman Miller's Leadership Skills and Behaviors.
* The ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
* The ability to think strategically and execute tactically, coupled with strong decision-making skills.
* Outstanding communication skills and a proven capability to present complex concepts in a concise and understandable way to a variety of audiences, including senior management and customer groups.
* Highly developed financial literacy and proven business acumen.
* The ability to lead through influence in nontraditional organizational structures.
* The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
WHO WE ARE
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.