Director of Operations at Hill-Rom
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Batesville, Indiana
Hill-Rom is a $2.7B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper manufacturing capabilities, operational performance, and people in place to effectively achieve company's operational needs and growth objectives. Develop people to assist in supervision based on lean manufacturing methodologies. Ensure safety and quality is top priorities of all workers. Identify and reduce value stream waste, improve safety, quality, productivity, and reduce lead times within the facility. Be the leader in Cost Improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Other duties may be assigned:
* Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
* Support new product launch activities through direct participation in reviews and conduct follow up to ensure tasks of reports are on track
* Lead various department teams to plan and execute to meet business requirements.
* Develop, implement, review, and manage the plants continuous improvement plan.
* Track daily, weekly, and monthly key process indicators.
* Estimate and negotiate resources for financial planning and budgeting purposes.
* Set expectations for results in safety, quality, productivity, and delivery through yearly performance program.
* Identify and reduce value stream waste, improve productivity, and reduce lead times in the plant.
* Identify, and assess manpower, manufacturing, technical, and personnel problems. Develop and implement constructive solutions.
* Conduct performance management activities for direct reports with feedback to extended team members on observed performance.
* Work with Union to resolve labor issues and concerns.
* Develop and implement department procedures.
* Perform personnel functions such as selection, hiring, training, and performance evaluation.
* Coordinate financial and budget activities. to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency.
QualificationsEDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field required and a minimum of seven years of experience in operations of manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience both in managing people and production or engineering.
* Master's Degree in Management or Business Administration (Preferred but not required)
* Seven or more years managing personnel and complex activities, or comparable experience
* Seven or more years of experience working in a mixed Union and Non-Union environment (Preferred but not required)
* Black Belt Certification in Six Sigma (Preferred but not required)
* Understanding of Continuous Improvement and TPS Methodologies
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
* Monitoring/Assessing performance of you, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
* Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
* Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
* Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
* Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
* The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
* The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
Hill-Rom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity