DoD Security Specialist at Odyssey
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bedford, Massachusetts
Title: DoD Security Specialist
Job Location: Hanscom AFB, MA
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
Need full spectrum SIPRNET room support to include: set-up, maintain/manage & shut down the classified area including COMSEC equipment, computer terminals and classified printing operations.
* Strong knowledge of security containers to include opening, closing properly, and utilizing X0 series Ability to change combination locks strongly preferred. Strong knowledge of gov't classified access control requirements and procedures.
* Ability to prepare DD 2875s for a GS/NH/Military member's signature, facility to prepare local records checks, provide JPAS support (clearance look-ups, visit certifications, clearance rosters, )
* Requisite knowledge re: requesting badge access & follow-up with issuing authority to ensure the badges get
* Assist with the packaging of classified outbound mailings (wrapping, preparing required forms, tracking, and filing). Assist with incoming mail AFTER government personnel sign for the actual document (faxing receipt, contacting program receiver, issuing mail to program POC, and filing receipts).
* Aptitude to support security education and awareness program by providing in-briefings, and up-channel to government security officials any questions or items for clarification as a result of this
* Capacity to serve as the Assistant COMSEC Monitor & COMSEC Equipment
* Possess an understanding of collateral security principles and working knowledge of NATO and Restricted Data handling requirements and be able to be accessed to such material if
* Ability to expertly utilize computers and aptitude to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other standards
* 3 years of general work experience with 1 year experience in government or contractor security environment.
* High School Degree
* 5 years of security management experience and 2 years experience in government or contractor security environment
* DoD/AF experience
* Secret level clearance
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. Is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Pregnancy, National Origin, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity Or Expression, Marital Status, Genetic Information, Protected Veteran Status, Or Other Factors Protected By Federal, State, And/or Local Law. This Policy Applies To All Terms And Conditions Of Employment, including: recruiting; Hiring; Placement; Promotion; Termination; Layoff; Recall; Transfer; Leaves Of Absence; Compensation; And Training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.