Housekeeper - 100199 at United Hospital Center, Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bridgeport, West Virginia
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND COMPETENCY EVALUATION
DEPARTMENT: ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
REPORTS TO: ENVIRONMENTALSERVICES SUPERVISOR
Q 90 DAY
Q 90 DAY TRANSFER
UPDATED:12/04, 12/05, 12/06, 12/07,12/08,12/09,12/10, 3/11, 1/12__
Performs repetitive tasks in maintaining all assigned areas of the hospital,
Building, 4C's Building and in a sanitary and attractive condition.
1. Requires a high school diploma, GED or comparable.
2. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
3. Ability to participate in and understand an ongoing inservice program on techniques and procedures.
4. Good coordination including ability to operate mechanical devices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR HOUSEKEEPER
STATE OR IMPLY THAT THE DUTIES, ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, AND JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE THE ONLY PARAMETERS FOR THIS POSITION. ASSOCIATES ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW JOB-RELATED INSTRUCTION AND PERFORM OTHER JOB RELATED ACTIVITIES REQUESTED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION IN ORDER TO PROVIDE A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO INDIVIDUALS WITH PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITIES AS DEFINED BY THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT. SOME REQUIREMENTS MAY EXCLUDE INDIVIDUALS WHO POSE A DIRECT THREAT OR SIGNIFICANT TO THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF THEMSELVES, THE PATIENTS, OR OTHER ASSOCIATES.
Must have ability to lift/pull 50 pounds.
Must have ability to grasp, stoop and stand throughout a work shift.
Hearing within normal range is required.
Visual activity must be unimpaired.
Must not be allergic to cleaning chemicals.
Able to wear latex, vinyl, neoprene, rubber gloves when performing certain cleaning duties.
Good coordinations including ability to operate mechanical devices.
Concentrated mental activity is required for organizing work.
Must respond to changes in work volume on a daily basis.
Knowledge of care and use of cleaning tools or devices.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Exposure to body fluids and cleaning chemicals occurs throughout the job.
EQUIPMENT USED: This must be considered only a representative, partial list, since equipment changes may occur at any time.
High speed buffer, slow speed buffer, carpet extractor, autoscrubber and vacuums.
DIRECTIONS: Use the keys designated for Assessment, Learning, and Achievement sections. More than one item may be used per section. Prior to working in department, please complete self- assessment portion and return to manager. Date and signature indicates independent/satisfactory performance. Asterisks (*) indicate critical criteria for job title competency. (OPTIONAL) Assessment/level key of 3 or 4 Required.
INADEQUATE KNOWLEDGE/ PERFORMS INCOMPETENTLY
NEEDS REVIEW/PERFORMS W/DIRECT SUPERVISION
KNOWLEDGE ASSESSMENT TEST
STATE W/ASSISTANCE/PERFORMS W/ASSISTANCE
STATE INDEPENDENTLY/PERFORMS COMPETENTLY & INDEPENDENTLY
NOT APPLICABLE FOR ASSOCIATE
SELF LEARNING MODULE
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)