Ultrasound Technologist - OPT - Ultrasonography - INTEGRIS Health Edmond at Integris
Posted in General Business 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Job Code: 5008
The Ultrasound Technologist operates the ultrasound equipment, performs a wide variety of technical procedures, and assumes the responsibility for the patients in the area. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Ultrasound Technologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Performs general ultrasound procedures
* Performs 2D, pulsed wave Doppler, color flow Doppler evaluations on the upper and lower extremities for both the arterial and venous systems, visceral vascular and carotid imaging
* Reviews in-patient requisitions and prioritizes patient list in order of severity of illness, special procedures, special requests and equipment availability; revises patient schedule as new procedures are requested and circumstances change
* Develops film by automatic processing in a timely manner; manipulates laser printer and processor as necessary to obtain the highest quality images
* Performs daily quality control checks on the processor and generates a monthly report of the results summary
* Manages the procurement, storage, and routing of supplies for room preparation
* Ensures reusable instruments are delivered to the appropriate department for sterilization
For Echocardiographers diagnostic duties include but are not limited to:
* Performs echocardiography on adults and pediatric patients
* Performs peripheral vascular procedures
For Lakeside Women's Hospital:
* Ensures all instruments are decontaminated and stored using the appropriate processes, solutions, supplies and equipment.
* Completes the necessary procedures for sterilization per manufacturer instructions and hospital procedures.
* Responsible for preparing and documenting sterilization process charts, logs and records per hospital and regulatory guidelines.
* Completes high level disinfectant process education annually, as applicable.
The Ultrasound Technologist reports to the Lead Ultrasound Technologist and/or Manager/Director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Heavy (Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Exposed to moveable equipment, chemical fumes from processors while developing films, patients with contagious diseases, electrical equipment, ionizing radiation, and contamination or infection through accidental needle puncture or exposure to blood and/or body fluids. Occasional exposures to odor, blood, chemical irritation, and a variety of constant interruption, frequent emergency call back causing erratic working hours and overtime, and works in a darkened room up to 60% of the time.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Current certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (Must obtain current ARRT Sonography certification within the first 90 days of hire) current ARDMS Certification or the ability to obtain current RDMS, RDCS or RVT certification within 12 months of hire date.
* Successful completion of an Allied Health post-secondary education program that is patient-care related OR equivalent experience.
* Bachelors degree preferred.
* Current CPR certification required within 90 days of hire.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (written/verbal).
Diagnostic Cardiology Only:
* Will also accept Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) registry
For Lakeside Women's Hospital:
* Knowledge of preparing and sterilizing surgical instruments and supplies preferred