Business Intelligence Analyst - Junior Level at Ascend Learning, Inc.
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Leawood, Kansas
Ascend Learning; LLC (www.ascendlearning.com) is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services. We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields. Ascend employs more than 1,000 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Walnut Creek, California, Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York, and the U.K.
As the nation’s preeminent e-learning provider, ATI Nursing Education offers programs that are instrumental in improving faculty, student and program outcomes in nursing schools across the country. With ATI’s help, nursing students achieve great results in NCLEX test preparation. The pass rates with ATI are closer to 100% than with any other education system. ATI is recognized as offering the best customer service in the industry. It’s no surprise that we’re the first choice for more nurse educators, universities and colleges nationwide.
The business intelligence analyst – junior level, assists organizational decision making by providing and explaining data in an easily consumable format and translates internal and external customers’ business requirements into technical requirements. The role also manages team priorities, plans for capacity, and owns the analytics software infrastructure.
- Provide data in an easily consumable format to all levels of the organization in order to assist in decisions to drive revenue and foster data exploration
- Translate internal customers’ business requirements into technical requirements for quick, actionable insights
- Help business users understand and make conclusions from data for decision making purposes.
- Research issues/anomalies with data, systems and processes
- Manage the Custom Reporting product to ensure quality, scalability, and revenue generation
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a data analyst or business intelligence position
- Experience training and supporting end-users
- Experience researching, analyzing and leveraging data from a wide range of internal and external resources
- Experience with Industry Leading Business Intelligence tools, ETL, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL, and Microsoft Office
- Experience with reporting solutions like Tableau, SSRS, Power BI is ideal
- Experience with presenting data in charts, graphs, tables and creating dashboards
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to gather technical requirements from non-technical users
- Solid understanding of data analysis techniques and processes
- Strong analytic skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of Windows Server administration
- Understanding of Business Intelligence server application administration
- Knowledge of SharePoint development and administration
- Occasional evening and weekend hours are required
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.