Senior Cybersecurity Wireless Engineer at Comcast
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: West Chester, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Senior Network Security Engineer is an IT Professional responsible for the design, engineering, implementation, advanced operation, and maintenance of the company's wireless security solutions. This opportunity will have a strong focus on rogue type detection and remediation. Responsible for acting as an individual contributor in one or more areas of expertise in collaboration with various cross-functional project teams. Exercises advanced engineering skills and methodology. Applies long-term objectives and plans related to the Company' s technical vision to daily activity. Applies innovative solutions for engineering developmental problems that are competitive with industry and company standards. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise. Must be able to understand the companies various business enterprise, retail and business entities. Required to provide sound knowledge of wireless security techniques, latest encryption protocols and defenses against vulnerabilities. The ideal candidate would possess a thorough understanding and knowledge of large wireless networks, Cisco Prime, Aruba Clearpass, Aruba Guest, NAC and Authentication mechanisms. The position will also be responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting performance issues, maintaining documentation, and mentoring other team members. The selected candidate would be working as part of a dynamic fast paced team!
- Identify rogue access points in the corporate, retail and other remote environments
- Lead and maintain rogue registration on a national deployment
- Collaborate with Network Engineering and other Wireless platform owners on current standards
- Secure Guest Wireless Networks
Guest device accountability
- Full understanding of Cisco and Aruba Networks
Aruba Clearpass Policy Manager (CPPM)
Aruba Clearpass Guest
- Write and maintain technical documentation including design docs, test plans, project plans, procedures, incident reports and troubleshooting guides
- Evaluate/Compare and Integrate new products into the infrastructure.
- Provide an escalation path for operations to help resolve wireless security escalations
- Work with project teams to design and implement secure wireless networks in corporate and retail type locations to achieve a scalable security discipline.
- Cross team collaboration on best posture supporting secure wireless network design and posture
- The candidate would be working as part of a dynamic team and responsible for architecting, designing and implementing other security related technologies.
- Ensuring wireless security event analysis, monitoring and mitigation of all wireless activity.
- ML and AI Wireless Network Traffic monitoring; early detection and fast reaction to unexpected "suspicious" situations (i.e. unusual traffic volume, port attacks, rogue devices in the network, etc.).
- Strong working and practical knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP/IP networking.
- Experience with the following SSL, HTTPS, PGP, AES, DES, SSH, SCP, Kerberos, IPSEC, PKI
- Excellent understanding of the Internet protocol version 4 and 6 suite, e.g. Radius, BOOTP, ARP, IP, ICMP, BGP, OSPF, TCP, UDP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, SIP, GRE, Netflow, Etc
- Experience with MDM technology supporting IOS/OS, configuration and backup and restoration, including development and management of workflows and operating standards, including design reviews, certification, production acceptance and testing for system commissioning
- Policy creation and rule design and updates for NAC administration of Wireless Networks.
- Uses advanced engineering skills and knowledge to solve complex development problems and achieve engineering goals.
- Applies system architecture, design and specification within engineering projects and initiatives.
- Possesses the ability to rapidly grasp new technologies and abstractions and apply them in a meaningful way.
- Communicates results of applied work processes and practical application of technical standards into actionable insight.
- Recommends new resources to management and utilizes resources to solve complex development problems.
- Sets the tone and pace for work performance within project groups and impressionable Engineering staff.
- Reports on the progress of all technical projects towards the Company' s engineering goals and strategies. Communicates feedback and analyses into actionable insight.
- Strives to achieve Company business objectives and engineering objectives in daily activity.
- Mentors team members.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level:Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience:Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.