Manager, Business Operations at Comcast
Posted in Accounting 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Reporting to the Director of Billing Operations, the Manager, Business Operations will be responsible for ensuring that unit standards are maintained in terms of customer profitability, pricing, contracts, and equipment investments. Collaborates on the development and implementation of customer and contract performance metrics and tools. Analyzes prospective customer agreements to assess profitability and risk, and makes recommendations to improve profitability, where needed.
The role will focus on managing implementation of new initiatives and process enhancements, developing and maintaining operational metric reporting, compilation of Monthly Ops Review for Billing Organization, compliance and controllership responsibilities including risk assessment and remediation, and Contract & RFP review.
- Responsible for compilation of Monthly Ops Review for Billing Organization.
- Manages implementation of new initiatives and process enhancements.
- Contract & RFP review.
- Compliance and controllership responsibilities: including risk assessment and remediation.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% annually.
- Analyzes actual results against expected performance and communicates areas for improvement.
- Develops, evaluates, and implements performance metrics for functions supervised. Measures and analyzes actual performance and makes recommendations for improving profitability where needed.
- Reviews and analyzes forecasts and recommends changes when appropriate. Updates forecasts for new developments to provide management with a current perspective of the business.
- Provides training and education to Supervisors, exempt, and non-exempt employees on metrics and tools to improve financial performance.
- Works on expense budgets for unit.
- Collaborates with other operational departments such as Tech Ops, Construction, Business Services to ensure resources are available to support their daily needs and special projects.
- Hires, trains, evaluates, coaches and counsels staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Compliance/Audit experience
- Project Management experience
- SQL and Tableau experience a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer