Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for managing the accounting, analysis and reporting activities for the Company's various compensation and benefit plans. Serve as subject matter expert directly supervising and providing guidance to staff as required. Active support of processes and procedures to meet Company goals and drive efficiencies within the team. Contributes to functional strategy development.
- Manage technical and analytical processes of an accounting team responsible for the accounting and reporting for various compensation and benefit plans. This includes equity compensation plans (stock options plan, restricted stock plan and ESPP plan), payroll, deferred compensation plans, cash bonus plans, and various health and welfare plans other compensation plans.
- Ensure accurate and timely accounting, reporting and analysis of financial data in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals
- Direct and review periodic financial statement analyses prepared in support of balance sheet accruals and operating cash flow activity.
- Oversee the development and preparation of budgeting, forecasting, and long range planning models.
- Monitor and develop procedures to accommodate operational and accounting policy changes.
- Manage ongoing internal and external audit inquiries
- Prior experience managing an accounting team
- Strong communications, organizational and analytical skills
- Self-starter with ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work independently
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Develops and utilizes financial models and analyses for Finance & Accounting staff.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and develops Finance & Accounting staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Accounting, Finance
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience.
- 3+ years experience with ASC 718 (Share-Based Payments) required, strongly preferred to have minimum of 5 years' experience
- 5+ years experience managing an accounting team
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer