Auditor 2, Internal Audit at Comcast
Posted in Accounting 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Sunrise, Florida
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for planning and conducting audits of internal controls covering a broad range of the Company's operations to determine if functional areas are conducting operations in accordance with established guidelines, policies, procedures, and governmental and legal requirements. Performs financial and accounting auditing duties of a highly developed nature requiring advanced professional knowledge and experience in auditing principles and practices. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Examines records, documents, methods, policies, costs, and other factors to determine if functional areas are conducting operations in accordance with established guidelines, policies, procedures, and governmental and legal requirements.
- Works with broad discretion regarding work details on assignments of a varied and difficult nature.
- Prepares clear and well-organized audit work papers that appropriately document the work performed. Writes clear meaningful audit comments, investigation summaries, and recommendations.
- Applies appropriate audit procedures to the areas reviewed to ensure that key controls are tested and all significant risks are addressed.
- Formulates appropriate conclusions regarding the adequacy of internal controls and procedures based on the work performed and knowledge of other operations in the Company.
- Makes recommendations regarding corrective action and reviews audit findings with Managers.
-Verifies adherence to company guidelines, policies, procedures and governmental and legal requirements.
-Assists higher level Auditors in a variety of audit functions.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Accounting, Finance
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer