Mgr 1, Internal Audit at Comcast
Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Sunrise, Florida
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for defining the scope, budget, and staffing for varioustypes of Internal Audit projects. Communicates recommendations andsolutions to audit observations and vulnerabilities to senior managementthrough verbal discussions, written reports, and presentations.Encourages teamwork and responsibility within project teams throughongoing supervision, coaching, and other personnel developmentactivities. Manages team which may include exempt and non-exemptemployees. Serves as subject matter expert and provides guidance toemployees, as required. Develops processs and procedures to drivedepartment efficiencies, assist in development, and meeting of,departmental budget.
- Assists in the design, development, and maintenance of a comprehensivecorporate audit plan.
- Reviews or prepares details of plans for performing individualsystems-related audits including objectives, procedures, budgets, andschedules.
- Manages the activities of assigned audit team members by clarifyingaudit objectives, approving individual procedures, interpreting policy,and assisting in the resolution of unusualtechnical problems.
- Leads the presentation and review of audit findings with key membersof operating management.
- Recommends and explores alternative courses of action for correctingcontrol weaknesses, resolving operating problems, or improvingperformance.
- Analyzes actions initiated or proposed in response to auditrecommendations. Monitors the completion of corrective actions and, asnecessary, advises management of noncompliance.
- Manages the life cycle of technology audits, which assess the designadequacy and operating effectiveness of technology controls. Ensuresproper focus, pace, and execution of all audit activities.
- Establishes working relationships with key technology personnelthroughout the Company to sufficiently to gain respect and understandingwhile maintaining an objective focus.
- Manages Internal Audit resources throughout each project, includingthe on the job training and development of Internal Audit staff.
- Contributes in areas such as recruiting, staffing, scheduling,budgeting, etc.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Accounting, Finance
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer