Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Batesville, Indiana
Description Company Description:
Hill-Rom is a $1.7B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
Supervise the daily activities of the 3rd shift fabrication, production workforce, consisting of 20-30 union and non-union employees, using Policy Deployment goals and objectives as the benchmark: Safety, quality, cost, delivery & 5S. Understanding these goals, analyze current performance to plan. Determine root cause of failure to perform to plan and implement countermeasure to continuously improve. Maintain good communication with associates and management.
* On 3rd shift, directly supervises others and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
* Provide a safe work environment for associates in Department, investigating accidents and potential accidents and implementing countermeasures to eliminate recurrence.
* Provide a quality product by understanding the Quality System and practicing its principles in supervising daily production.
* Ensure that associates are properly trained.
* Investigate defects and potential defects and work with engineering and associates to implement countermeasures.
* Ensure that customer delivery requirements are met by ensuring that associates are cross-trained to provide coverage for all workstations and available when necessary. This involves ensuring that work rules are followed, including attendance policies, scheduling vacation and other time off, and disciplining as necessary.
* Manage the department to meet cost targets, utilizing associates in the best manner and overtime only as required. Manage department budget and stay within established targets.
* Actively participate in Continuous Improvement and 5S activities utilizing Daily Continuous Improvement and ensuring countermeasures are adopted for continuous improvement. Develop and foster culture of improvement activity by leading, coaching and supporting associates to produce quality products.
Qualifications Required Experience, Education and Skills:
* 3-5+ years of production / manufacturing supervisory experience is a must
* Supervisory experience in a fabrication environment is strongly preferred
* Associated Degree in a technical discipline; or equivalent experience
* Prior experience implementing lean methodologies and continuous improvement procedures
* Demonstrated experience scheduling, managing timecards and implementing cost saving measures
* Experience in an Agile environment and familiarity with JDE is nice to have
* Experience in a regulated industry or cGMP environment is preferred
* Ability to adapt to changing situations and work through people to produce products.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veterans/Disabled Persons
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://hillrom.contacthr.com/60808384.jpg /