Excavator Operator at OMG Midwest, Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Belle Plaine, Minnesota
Job ID: 130502
Chard Tiling & Excavating, an Oldcastle Materials Company, was established in 1976 in Belle Plaine, Minnesota. With over 30 years in the contracting business, we have grown to serve clients in many industries. We have provided services to numerous private and public project owners. Our satisfied clients include private developers, general building contractors as well as state, county, municipal and local government agencies.
Oldcastle Materials Group/Central Division
Excavator operator is responsible to excavate in a safely and productive manner. Need to understand trench safety rules, use of trench boxes, and dig around existing utilities. Must be willing to work in team environment.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Be able to follow signals from the pipe layer.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and materials with shovel.
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- May be called upon to run other equipment such as but not limited to Dozer, Skid loader, Loader, and Sheep foot.
- Digs, spreads, and levels construction materials.
- Maintain cleanliness of machine.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree GED is preferred.
- Previous related experience.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must possess valid DOT medical card.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Able to work in or around water. Position may require taking a boat to dredge and being out on the water.
- Able to operate front end loader and skid loader.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively direct others in the workplace.
- Basic knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Basic knowledge in electricity and mechanics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require standing for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders or stairs and to work at heights.
- Able to work in tight quarters.
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to exert up to 10 lbs. constantly to move objects, 10-25 lbs. of force frequently, and 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
American Concrete Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
American Concrete Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.